There's loads of information at your finger tips about what not to do. Of course, it's in my book, but it's all over the place on the web as well. You just have to take a look.
Poets complain about publishers and editors. Publishers and editors moan about poets. Publishers say the poets don't bother to read what it says on their website. So take some time. It does take time.
- Shearsman Press
- Neil Astley (Bloodaxe) in The Guardian
- Roy Marshall blog: Poetry Submissions
- Roddy Lumsden in Writers&Artists
- Ambit magazine: ‘What we’re looking for in a cover letter’
- Carcanet Press (includes link to interview with Michael Schmidt, founding editor)
- Interview with Robin Robertson (Cape)
- HappenStance Press